A leading UK consultancy that provides building services engineering and sustainability solutions nationwide is looking to recruit a ‘Technical Associate’ (Vertical Transportation) for their Birmingham office.
Ability to work on own initiative, manage and lead by example. Expected to build relationships with Clients, write clear and concise reports and case studies, present to Clients who are usually facilities and asset managers working either directly for property owners or managing agents. Demonstrate sound financial management, construct fee proposals, and works planning.
* Wide experience in vertical transportation equipment – lifts, escalators, window cleaning cradles and fall arrest systems.
* Carrying out audits and preparing and presenting reports.
* Team management, Team building and reviewing individuals performance and assisting in developing particular skills and strengths.
* Delivering good quality products within agreed time scales. Monitoring Team and Individual’s financial performance and ensure targets and costs are met.
* Provide technical management and advisory services to our Clients in respect of the lift, escalator, window cleaning, cradles and fall arrest systems in commercial and public sector properties.
* Direct and manage the team of technical staff delivering the services and build and develop professional staff to their full potential.
* Demonstrate sound financial management and provide works planning and direction.
* Assist with the development of management systems.
* Assist the growth of the business.
* Develop and build professional relationships with Clients.
* Promote the VT services with existing Clients and potential new Clients.
* Prepare and present reports to Clients.
* Set out the Team’s strategy and direction within the VT Group with a view to embrace efficiencies and plan for growth, agree financial targets of individuals within the team.
* Inspect and audit vertical transportation equipment to ensure the services are operating efficiently.
* Carry out inspections and management of cradle systems and prepare audit reports.
* Carry out audits and condition reports on existing equipment and advise on plant repairs and replacement programmes, budget requirements and prioritise key elements. Ensuring the works are undertaken at competitive market rates.
* Review Statutory Examination Reports and ensure that Clients are properly advised of statutory obligations.
* Monitor the contractor performance on planned preventive maintenance and minor works.
* Examine maintenance records, carry out checks on contractor invoices to ensure value for money.
* Advise Client and Tenants on compliance with current regulations. British Standards and statutory obligations. Respond to ad-hoc enquiries and provide advice and cost estimates for inclusion in service charge budgets; provide plant replacement programmes and works prioritisation, etc.
* Review progress on any landlord or tenant works and their impact on the operation of the property.
* Arrange chair/attend meetings with Clients and facilities managers and the appointed contractors to review their performance, additional works and any landlord or tenant related matters.
* Prepare ppm maintenance works tender documentation and obtain competitive tenders and tender analysis reports. Produce maintenance contract documentation