We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer for one of the Systems Engineering teams within the Combat Air business area, where the focus is on developing and delivering our Electronic Warfare (EW) capability to the Eurofighter Typhoon and contributing to the UK’s future fighter development programme.
You will be responsible for supporting the integration, verification and validation of potentially the most complex EW product in development in the UK.
You will perform lab-based integration of hardware, firmware and software, reporting to the IV&V lead and working closely with the other engineering functions.
You will perform investigations into technical issues, propose solutions and design improvements
You will develop test procedures for functional, environmental and EMC testing (depending on area of expertise)
This role requires travel to other Leonardo sites in the UK and potentially abroad to support integration and flight trials.
The successful candidate will experience working on a project which is providing next generation capability to in- service aircraft (Eurofighter Typhoon) and will pave the way for the future fighter programme.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
UK First Capability: Work on a program providing new capability to UK platforms enabling the UK to keep pace with an evolving EW environment.
* EW Expertise: Leonardo has subject-matter experts with extensive and detailed knowledge of the EW domain; technology, performance, and operational capabilities – the learning potential is limitless!
* Continuous Learning: Whether it’s EW, engineering lifecycle processes, leadership, or personal development, you’ll be supported in your ongoing professional development though training and mentoring.
* Teamwork: You will work alongside like-minded professional engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
* Connections: You will be joining an expansive team of around 7,000 people at six major sites across the UK.
* EW Heritage: We are proud of our rich heritage in Electronic Warfare (EW); over 100 years of EW history. Today we’re providing the latest advances in radio frequency technology and you can be part of the next 100-year legacy.
Key Responsibility Areas
WHAT YOU’LL DO
* Report to the IV&V Lead to perform lab based integration and system development.
* Work across sites and on flight trials to prove operational capability.
* Generate procedures and perform testing of functional, environmental and EMC performance.
* Lead technical investigations, characterisations and problem solving activities across engineering functions.
* Support flight trials in the UK and potentially abroad.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
You really must have:
* Proven experience in the defence electronics sector, or a related field such as automotive or other high integrity products.
* Particular experience of working in Integration, Verification and Validation phases of development. * Understanding of key principles associated with RF signal propagation and processing.
* Understanding of hardware, firmware and software interactions.
* Self-motivated with a strong aptitude for problem-solving and decision-making within projects involving design complexity and uncertainty.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience of delivery to a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
* Undergraduate Engineering degree or related scientific discipline.
It would be nice if you:
* Were a Chartered Engineer, or a member of a professional engineering organisation
* Had experience in Agile systems / software development for product delivery