Alexander Steele are currently recruiting for a Site Services Engineer for our client in the Yorkshire Area. This is a great opportunity for a driven individual to become part of a great team within a large food manufacturing site. This role is paying £21,000 per annum and working a Monday – Friday shift pattern (7am – 3pm).
* To work as part of the engineering team to manage the maintenance of all site services onsite
* Carrying out engineering maintenance service activities and ensuring maximum operational effectiveness from the equipment and facilities, through the introduction of new systems and procedures which will improve the competitiveness of the company and ensure a physical environment fit for manufacturing quality food products in compliance with current health & safety legislation.
* The site services engineer will need to balance team skills with a hands-on practical approach to engineering issues on site.
* Typical activities may vary from week to week but will include: Maintaining and developing the building, environment and plant to ensure a safe working environment for all staff and visitors.
* This will include the heating, ventilation, fire protection equipment, pipework & plumbing, alarm systems, and security systems managing the day to day water treatment plant, carrying out boiler checks, supporting the engineering team to encourage flexibility and cross functional skills.
* Instilling a ‘fix it right first time’ attitude Improving efficiencies and costs of equipment maintenance to agreed levels through targeted analysis, development and delivery of performance improvement plans & establishing agreements with key suppliers and contractors.
* This will include identification of appropriate providers, feasibility studies, arranging insurance and ensuring best practice on site.
* Ensuring all statutory inspections (including portable appliance testing, mains testing and pressure vessels) are managed and records are maintained in line with current legislation Developing and applying routine and regular maintenance plans as required.
* Identifying opportunities for energy saving and ensuring these are embraced site-wide
* Other responsibilities as reasonably requested in support of the site services engineering supervisor
* Mechanical and electrical engineering qualifications and experience, ideally apprenticeship qualified
* Compressors and generator experience – essential
* Refrigeration experience – essential
* Water treatment/effluent experience – working knowledge
* Boiler checks/feed water/feed water dosage experience – working knowledge
* Strong organisational skills with an ability to balance a varied workload and re-prioritise in response to changing business needs and unexpected engineering problems
If this role is of interest, please do not hesitate to apply. Due to the large number of applications, we can only contact people who are successful. By applying to this role, you agree to Alexander Steele’s Terms of Business and to be registered with us