Site Engineer – Milton Keynes
Murphy Group is looking for a competent Site Engineer with rail and civils experience to provide support to high-profile projects across the Midlands. You will deal with all site engineering matters, related to setting out, engineering solutions, progress control and quality record keeping.
Why Murphy Group?
With a proud history dating back to the 1960s, Murphy Transport is a multi-disciplinary specialist, working across rail, highways, aviation and ports to deliver sustainable solutions. From renewals to electrification, bridge building, highways and aviation, our award-winning team has extensive experience which offers our clients the best expertise in the industry.
* Accurate setting out of the works and dimensional control.
* Resolving technical problems at all levels and following up with TQ’s where necessary.
* Carry out inspections in accordance with the Inspection and Test Plan in a timely manner.
* The production of survey information, labelled productivity photos and redline drawings for the completion of the As-built records.
* Ensuring activities are carried out in safe manner in accordance with the Project Safety Plan.
* Accurate maintenance of Quality Management System records.
* Ensure equipment is calibrated, in date, suitable and checked in accordance with company policies and the manufacturers’ defined requirements.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works, including Work Package Plans.
* Ensure the site diary is accurately maintained noting against each record the date, location and serial number of equipment used.
* Ensure construction operations are carried out in accordance with the Contract requirements using the appropriate agreed procedures.
* Makes sure that only competent personnel are used to carry out the Works. Review and assess the outputs to confirm that the required level of quality is maintained.
* Co-ordination and supervision of Sub-contractors in the performance of the Works.
* Informing senior management of any non-conformances or poor workmanship.
* Informing Senior management of any additional works or delays encountered and records resources utilised in task(s).
* Minimises environmental disturbance during construction works.
* Supervises the outputs and confirms that the project environmental requirements are met.
* Close liaison with the Site Foreman and Works Managers.
* Ensure that only the latest issue drawings and documents are being used.
* Ensure all materials on site are suitable, stored in line with manufacturer’s recommendations current working practice, contract specification or project requirements.
* Assist the Site Management team to update KPI’s, material reconciliation and progress reports.
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
* Degree qualified Civil Engineering or Similar
* Railway, Earthworks and Drainage experience
* Experienced in surveying and setting out techniques
* Sound understanding of Quality, Safety, Health, Environmental and Sustainability project requirements.
* CSCS Card (relevant type)
* Full clean UK Driving License