Senior Engineer – Milton Keynes
Murphy Group is looking for a competent Senior Engineer with rail and civils experience to provide support to high profile project across the Midlands. You will be adept at managing and mentoring junior engineers and able to assists Construction / Site Manager in all aspects of construction.
Why Murphy Group?
With a proud history dating back to the 1960s, Murphy Transport is a multi-disciplinary specialist, working across rail, highways, aviation and ports to deliver sustainable solutions. From renewals to electrification, bridge building, highways and aviation, our award-winning team has extensive experience which offers our clients the best expertise in the industry.
* Supervise assistant and site engineers
* Take a personal interest in identifying, coaching and developing key staff.
* Monitor the work under their control to ensure that any unsafe work conditions and non-compliance with Company policies and procedures are promptly remedied.
* Maintain good working relations with client / designer / Team, together with our supply chain.
* Advise engineers on setting out methods and techniques, as well as routine checks on setting out to ensure compliance and within the required tolerances.
* Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
* Communicate with foremen and supervisors to ensure full understanding of information provided.
* Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant for the use in the construction process, ensuring ordered to the correct required specifications.
* Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works, including Work Package Plans.
* Assist with the coordination of temporary works and ensure appointments of Temporary Works Supervisors and Temporary Works Coordinator are in place.
* Implement and manage safe systems of work for construction procedures.
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes/variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / project team.
* Ensure that inspection and test plans are completed as required by the Project Management Plan / Specification, including a check of dimension accuracy and quality.
* Ensure the compilation of all H&S handover documentation (including ITP’s, operation manuals, site progress photos etc) is progressed throughout the works and submitted in line with the programme deliverables.
* Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role
* Railway, Earthworks and Drainage experience
* Highly competent in surveying and setting out techniques and able to teach others.
* Experience managing and mentoring junior engineers
* Ability and confidence to communicate and present to senior management and senior clients.
* Capable of discuss engineering issues and identifying solutions.
* An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a construction project.
* Excellent knowledge of current civil engineering legislation as well as Health & Safety and Environmental legislation.
* CSCS Card (relevant type)
* Full clean UK driving license