A leading UK consultancy that provides building services engineering and sustainability solutions is looknng to recruit a ‘ Senior Engineer’ for their Birmingham office.
Ability to work on own initiative, build relationships with clients, present findings to clients who are usually Facilities Managers working either directly for property owners or managing agents. Ability to communicate professionally in writing.
* Wide experience in Building Services Engineering systems.
* Carrying out audits and preparing and presenting reports.
* Delivering good quality products within agreed time scales.
* Monitoring own financial performance and ensure targets and costs are met.
* Provide technical management and advisory services to our Clients in respect of the Building Services Engineering systems in commercial and public sector properties.
* Manage own workload and deliver in timely and professional manner.
* Demonstrate sound financial management and provide works planning and direction.
* Assist with the development of works management systems.
* Assist the growth of the business.
* Develop and build professional relationships with Clients.
* Promote the VT services with existing Clients and potential new Clients.
* Prepare and present reports to Clients.
* Inspect and audit building services engineering systems to ensure the services are operating efficiently.
* Carry out audits and condition reports on existing equipment and advise on plant repairs and replacement programmes, budget requirements and prioritise key elements. Ensuring the works are undertaken at competitive market rates.
* Review Statutory Examination Reports and ensure that Clients are properly advised of statutory obligations.
* Monitor the contractor performance on planned preventive maintenance and minor works.
* Examine maintenance records, carry out checks on contractor invoices to ensure value for money.
* Advise Client and Tenants on compliance with current regulations. British Standards and statutory obligations.
* Respond to ad-hoc enquiries and provide advice and cost estimates for inclusion in service charge budgets; provide plant replacement programmes and works prioritisation, etc.
* Review progress on any landlord or tenant works and their impact on the operation of the property.
* Arrange chair/attend meetings with Clients and facilities managers and the appointed contractors to review their performance, additional works and any landlord or tenant related matters.
* Prepare ppm maintenance works tender documentation and obtain competitive tenders and tender analysis reports. Produce maintenance contract documentation