Redstone Associates Ltd
Senior CAD Technician – Bridges
Senior CAD Technician needed in York to work with a multi-disciplinary consultancy who are currently going through a sustained period of growth due to some new contract wins. Based in the Bridges team you will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest rail schemes in the UK and be required to develop CAD models, drawings and specifications for both Steel and Concrete structures. Ideally you will be a strong user of MicroStation but our client will also consider someone from an AutoCAD background
* Production of models and drawings in accordance with standards
* Production of detailed construction drawings for new build and refurbishment of steel and concrete bridge structures
* Supervision and mentoring of junior CAD staff in both the use of software and arrangement of drawings
* Maintain a knowledge of products and designs relevant to your work and apply it in a range of situations.
* Deliver a portfolio of projects to the required quality, time and budget, showing self-checking, with minimum input by others.
* Have a positive attitude towards checking and quality. Monitor project and team performance against CAD standards and quality requirements, taking necessary corrective action.
* Plan and prioritise tasks effectively for yourself and other team members with minimal input by others, reporting back on progress and delivering on commitments you have made.
* Work within agreed timescales for completion
* Advise project leads on issues with either CAD standards or production issues which may lead to cost increase
* If requested assist project leads with pricing CAD scope of work
* Take an active role in the development of junior CAD staff
Knowledge & Skills
* Experience of working to Network Rail CAD standards
* Experience of working on both new build, bridge replacement and bridge repair and strengthening detailing.
* Experience of reinforced concrete detailing within an industry standard software package desirable
* A high level of ability in a CAD system relevant to the team’s work and able to give comprehensive guidance to others.
* A high level of ability in applying procedures and standards that apply to CAD and able to give comprehensive guidance to others.
* Knowledge of other CAD platforms and tools related to CAD.
* Experience of using data management systems