We are looking for an experienced Continuous Improvement Manager to drive sustainable and transformational change for a multi-billion (£) company’s offering in Power Grid Automation projects. Covering Central/Northern Europe, you will be tasked with leading all CI initiatives, combining technical knowledge in Lean and Six Sigma to deliver data driven operational improvements. This role will regularly take you overseas as you influence improvements across Europe and embed yourself in some of the most innovative technologies within the power sector, so availability to travel is essential (40/50%).
On a permanent basis, this this is a fantastic opening to work for a business employing over 140,000 people that’s renowned for its training, development and cutting-edge projects. You will be remunerated with a fantastic package offering car allowance, 10% bonus, 10% pension and other additional benefits. So, what will you be doing?
* Serves as a change agent within the designated geography as well as within the Global PG Division Continuous Improvement function
* Continually challenges conventional thinking and drives accountability for operational results for all locations and organizational structures in-scope including lead time, inventory, cost etc.
* Teaches continues improvement thinking & leads many Kaizen events annually.
* Coaches & mentors Continuous Improvement, Operational Excellence and Quality Leaders across the geography
* Responsible for ensuring that the Leading Operating Model (Lighthouse Framework) deployment across various sites within the geography in line with agreed targets and plans.
* Closely monitors the Lead Operating Model maturity scorecards and develop actions to lead sites through maturity phases
Our client is an Engineering Services company, who are an international technical consultancy, providing a range of services including licence to operate, asset management, manufacturing improvement and capital investment to customers in the chemical, petrochemical, oil & gas, pharmaceutical, manufacturing and consumer industries worldwide
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
* 7+ years of experience in areas such as manufacturing, engineering, materials management, quality and process improvements
* Track record of delivering breakthrough results impacting the bottom line
* Developing strategy and translating into actionable plans & driving sustainable change through influence
* Experience of being a Change Agent challenging conventional thinking, approach and methodology and driving improvements
* Leading teams through influence without authority
* Experience working with and developing a Lean Production System or similar
* Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, World Class Manufacturing or Six Sigma strategies and principles
* Conducting cycles of learning & kaizen events
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.
Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application