An exciting opportunity has come up for a Commercial Manager to work for a main joint venture on HS2. This is a freelance role based in Buckinghamshire and is a great opportunity to work on one of the most prestigious projects in the world at the moment.
Description of Activities to be undertaken
• Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of the project
• Subcontracts are properly prepared and managed to reflect agreed scope including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, compensation events, programme submissions etc., that all contract files are maintained and kept up to date
• Responsible for developing procurement schedule and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services in line with solution cost estimate allowances and programme.
• Reporting on actual costs v estimate and identifying underlying reasons for any variance and resolutions, in particular highlight, challenge and resolve variance to latest plans.
• Ensure all project team members (including site staff) understand contractual arrangements to meet Client and partner requirements
• Work with delivery team to ensure project and programme risk mitigation plans are considered, put in place & administered.
• Work in collaboration with the Delivery Team to identify implement and monitor efficiency plans throughout the lifecycle of a project
• Maintain accurate financial records are maintained to audits and cost assurance.
• Accurate Final Accounts are prepared in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications Needed for Role
• Experience within a Construction/Engineering environment preferred
• Civil or Mechanical Engineering background
• Knowledge of NEC3 form of contract
• Strong Commercial background
• Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities
If this position is for you then please don’t hesitate to contact me on (phone number removed) for an informal chat or drop me an email with any questions you might have to (url removed).
Alternatively if this position isn’t for you but you think you know someone who might be suitable, then we offer a £500 referral fee (T’s and C’s apply)