Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire
Owen Daniels Consultancy
Product Development/Packaging Engineer
Competitive Salary and Benefits package
Global Manufacturing organisation
My client is a global manufacturing organisation who specialise in producing parts for the medical, life sciences and defence industries. They are looking for a driven and personable individual to join the team and manage projects from start to finish and along the way liaise with different departments within the company and customers to ensure a smooth process.
Product Development Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Manage projects from an initial brief by liaising with customers during the process
* Qualify bespoke insulated shipping systems to customer specifications
* Work closely with the Sales department on customer projects
* Visit customer sites to work on specific projects or to support a sales enquiry
* Provide technical product support to Customers and colleagues within Sales and other internal departments, recommending appropriate solutions where required.
* Prepare laboratory tests using approved process, equipment and materials
* Writing of technical documentation to required standards
* Maintaining documentation using change control system
* Responsible for the calibration of all equipment used for testing and evaluation of the results.
* Responsible for the upkeep of technical documentation.
* Creating 3D CAD models of packaging components and system assemblies
* Creating 2D Technical Drawings to required standard from 3D CAD models
* Creating animations using CAD software from 3D CAD models
* Transfer 3D CAD models to thermal simulation software, setup and run simulations.
* Performs required measurements, interpret, evaluate and reports results.
Essential Skills/ Experience:
* Ideally Degree/HNC/HND in Engineering or similar discipline or 3+ year’s on-the-job experience.
* Experience in a manufacturing or packaging environment.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, 3D CAD, 2D Technical Drawing and flow-charting software.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
* Experience in thermal simulation software would be an advantage
* 26 days holiday +bank holidays
* 8% bonus – based on business criteria
* Free onsite parking
* Death in service – x4 annual salary
* Fresh fruit, tea & coffee
* Life Insurance
* Permanent Health and disability Insurance