NRL are currently recruiting on behalf of aGlobal Engineering and professional services company for a Planning Engineer to work on a highly prestigious nuclear project in Somerset. For the right candidate this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company who highly invest in their staff immediately as this role has been classed as a key worker role.
About the role:
• You will work closely with the Designers during the Design Development and Production Design stages to create robust Design Programmes as part of the overall Programme.
• Liaise with the Client, subcontractors, suppliers and designers on all matters relating to planning, and to attend and contribute to site meetings and other associated meetings.
• Involvement with Site Team in all aspects of project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, procurement, and site works.
• Assist in the management of change in regards of impact on programmes and progress.
• Attend pre-contract meetings to explain the planning aspects of the contract.
• Contribute to Project Reports and the production of data including Earned Value analysis.
• Assist in the management of change and programme impact analysis.
• Own the relationship and maintain a liaison with the client and the supply chain.
• Maintain a good working relationship with the Client and associated personnel.
• Be conversant with all drawings, specifications and relevant information for works package.
• Significant Primavera P6 experience.
• Degree level/HNC/HND qualification in a M&E or Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering.
• Experience within a similar role with a main contractor in built environment
• Awareness of NEC Form of Contract and Subcontract.
• Understanding of Engineering Principles.
• Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
If this position sounds of interest to yourself and you would like to discuss it further in confidence please apply and I will give you a call