M&E Design Technician
6 Months contract
This M&E Design Technician’s position is with an award-winning, market leading manufacturer that has experienced a significant amount of growth recently. This role is initially a 6-month contract, however due to their current pipeline of work the role could well be extended or lead to a permanent appointment.
As the M&E Design Technician you will be part of a factory based technical team, under the leadership of the Head of M&E Design, you will perform a variety of design and drafting activities, including preparing and updating the product 3D models, preparing assembly and manufacturing drawings in an appropriate 2D format.
Responsibilities of the M&E Design Technician;
– Prepare dimensional drawings and 3D models and produce 2D drawings from 3D models
– Work with the Head of M&E Design and M&E Design Engineer to produce and implement guidelines for the design and construction of the product
– Ensure that projects are delivered in accordance with BIM Protocols
– Revise and update existing drawings to reflect changes properly approved through the change control process
Requirements to be successful as the M&E Design Technician;
– Ideally a degree in an engineering or science-based discipline
– HNC or BTEC level 3 in a relevant discipline or City & Guild in CAD 2D & 3D
– Full working knowledge of Autodesk tools i.e. Revit
– English and Maths pass at GCSE / ‘O’ Level
– Experience of working as either an M&E Design Technician or in a similar capacity
If you feel the M&E Design Technician role is suited to you, please do not hesitate to apply