General Manager FULL-TIME
Starting pay is $70,000/year + up to 30%.
As a General Manager, you are responsible for the operations of the warehouse at a high volume, fast-paced distribution center. This position is accountable for achieving overall operating results consistent with individual and company performance goals. Specifically, you will be responsible for the annual operating plan and budget for your facilities. You will direct communication and collaboration with customers of the distribution center to ensure results meet or exceed customer expectations for product quality and service reliability, speed, and accuracy. You will be responsible for overseeing maintenance processes, record keeping, safety protocol, security services, and inventory control to ensure distribution center work teams, service providers, equipment, and physical assets are safe and secure. Additionally, you will be responsible for the recruitment and training of team members, as well as ensuring ongoing skills development and coaching is provided to improve job performance and enable individuals to improve their advancement potential within the organization.
– Drive a high level of customer service resulting in significant market penetration for the door and operator products.
– Maintain sufficient inventory levels to meet existing and potential demand for the product.
– Review and evaluate the performance of all distribution center functions, address performance gaps, and take corrective action, as needed, to ensure each functional area are delivering on operating goals.
– Assess business conditions, evaluates emerging business needs (e.g., seasonality, promotion events) and takes action to address near-term opportunities to improve service, reduce costs, and/or generate incremental revenue to enhance operational results across the distribution system.
– Oversee preparation of the annual operating budget for assigned warehouses, garage, fleet, offices, and support functions; evaluate and adjust proposed budgets to achieve overall company goals and approve final operating budgets for submission to the director of distribution.
– Prepare, evaluate, and approve capital expenditure proposals to replace or upgrade facilities and equipment and submit proposals with justification to the director of distribution for entry into the annual capital budgeting process for warehouse and distribution.
– Direct the adoption and use of improved processes, new equipment, and new facilities; accountable for achieving incremental business results from the use of these investments.
– Create high customer service expectations among team members; monitor results with customers to ensure performance is meeting expectations and take action to correct performance gaps and/or address improvement opportunities.
– Maintain a safe environment for team members and visitors in accordance with company policies and health and safety regulations; accountable for providing a safe work environment, elimination of accidents, and the security of distribution center facilities and team members while on company property.
– Oversee record keeping, inspections, audits, and safety training.
– Conduct performance appraisals and coach direct reports to enhance individual and team performance.
– Assist in the development of individual and team performance improvement goals aimed at supporting the achievement of company objectives.
– Develop and maintain a succession plan; accountable for training and staffing activities that provide equal opportunity for motivated team members to advance in the organization.
– Monitor the effectiveness of development and skill-building systems against productivity and employee turnover goals and take corrective action as needed.
– In addition, he/she will establish and maintain relationships with key residential customers within his / her respective area.
– Develop and maintain customer/vendor relationships
REM-04 WS-04 WS-LC
Shift start: 8:00AM
Shift length: 8 hours
Monday – Friday
Minimum of 5 years experience in product sales and business operations management and working directly with customers Working knowledge and proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Excellent written and verbal communication skills, self motivated, self starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality and well organized. Strong leadership and business metrics management skills. College degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred, but not mandatory.
Wayne Dalton, a division of Overhead Door Corporation, offers a collaborative culture and the opportunity to make the most of your talents. We recognize people as the core of our strength! Wayne Dalton garage doors are some of the best in the industry. They offer a large selection of garage door designs in many colors and options that can drastically enhance your home’s curb appeal. Not only will a new garage door add beauty to your home, but replacing an old or outdated door with a new one can increase your home’s value.