Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
In your new job as a Facilities Manager your main duties will be to:
* To undertake the role of Facility Manager for the allocated site(s) and ensure that the site staff are carrying out their duties effectively and efficiently, in accordance to Company Policies and Procedures.
* To act as first point of contact for the Staff and Subcontractors.
* To deliver the agreed services within budget and to the standard required.
* To act as the local contact with the Local Authority, School and SPV Manager.
* To take responsibility for the co-ordination of all services, making sure the FM services are meeting the contract requirements. Manage resources to optimise and profit levels and reduce operating costs.
* Identify and manage potential risk and opportunities.
The successful Facilities Manager will have:
* A good general education with a relevant qualification aligned to Facilities Management, and a demonstrable record of continuous personal development within the industry
* Proven experience of PFI Facilities Management in a complex environment, with demonstrable success in a similar service environment and capable of delivering contractual compliance in line with contract requirements.
* Proven experience of establishing stakeholder relationships and achieving sustained operational success.
* Performance driven with proven commercial/financial awareness.
* Problem solving and decision making.
* Flexible, adaptable and a team player.
What you’ll get in return:
Working with a market leader, you have the chance to enhance your existing skills, while developing new expertise and personally contributing to the company’s growth and success