Cirrus Selection Limited
Location: High Wycombe
Salary: Dependent on Experience + excellent benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Manager working within a market leading engineering organisation who supply complex products and systems to worldwide customers. As the Engineering Manager, you will provide Engineering oversight of a number of Sonar and Countermeasures projects within the Business Stream to ensure timely project delivery of compliant systems within the agreed budgets.
You will work closely with the various Project Engineering Leads to ensure that the technical solution is sound, the engineering work is following process, the work is properly bounded with Work Packages, and there are sufficient resources deployed to meet the project timescales.
You will represent the projects in a range of meetings with the wider stakeholders, including Resource Conflicts, Cross-Functional and Exceptions Reviews along with liaising closely with the Capability Managers and Business Leads in supporting bids and proposals relevant to the area by reviewing and approving the cost estimates and planning for their delivery.
Engineering Manager responsibilities:
* Ensuring all projects have the appropriate level of Work Package Management applied, with regular review and reporting of progress against the Work Packages
* Supporting the Project Engineering Leads in the delivery of their projects by ensuring all aspects of the delivery are being considered and that company processes are being followed
* Ensuring there is a coherent strategy for the delivery of the various projects within the Business Stream
* Reviewing the risks across individual projects and the wider business area and ensuring suitable mitigation strategies are in place
* Supporting the Functional Leads and Project Engineering Leads in the allocation of appropriate resource, and for resolving resource conflicts within the Business Steam
* Ensuring that the Forward Load across the Business Stream is up-to-date and accurate for the current projects and future opportunities
* Early identification of project issues impacting compliance, schedule, milestones or costs, development of mitigation and/or recovery strategies and appropriate escalation to the Senior Management Team
* Ensuring Internal Research and Development work within the Business Stream is properly resourced, planned and conducted.
* Supporting the Project Engineering Leads in the development and delivery of design reviews
* Working with the Business Lead to present the position of the projects at Cross-Functional and Exceptions Reviews
* Supporting the Bid Manager and Capability Managers in the development and review of the cost books for future opportunities with the Business Stream
* Providing mentoring to the Project Engineering Leads
Engineering Manager skills and experience:
* Experience of leading or overseeing complex projects
* Degree level (or equivalent) in engineering discipline
* Working knowledge of sonar desirable
* Used to dealing with a wide range of stakeholders and senior management
* Experience across the whole project lifecycle, from bids and proposals through to in-service support
* Ability to disseminate a wide range of technical information from subject matter experts
* Experience across a wide range of engineering disciplines, preferably in the defence sector
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to secure a position as a within a company that offer ongoing opportunities to develop and progress and have a real impact on the ongoing success of the business.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment