Kinross, Perth & Kinross
Alexander Steele are currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager role for a Food Manufacturing company based in the Dundee area. The salary is extremely competitive for the right candidate. Food Background is essential. If you are interested, please apply below. Relocation candidates welcome.
* Lead the maintenance engineering team to ensure the reliability and maintainability of equipment, processes, and controls systems within the plant.
* Engineering labour budget
* Spares budget
* Maintenance Engineering team and team leaders
* Devise and manage an effective preventative maintenance programme that will deliver optimal manufacturing performance. Lead the maintenance team in meeting production expectations on time, in full, efficiently and on budget including responding to emergency breakdowns and prioritising workload.
* Manage a programme of Preventative Maintenance across the entire site facility including the management of all relevant systems for all company plant and liaising with all relevant departments to ensure maximum machine including control of machine parts for production operations.
* Lead, coach & manage the Engineering team to deliver continuous improvement in processes and machines and configure manufacturing systems to reduce costs, improve availability and deliver business excellence measures within the production processes.
* Lead all relevant departmental communication forums, encouraging two-way communication, action outcomes, and ensure company information is communicated effectively throughout all team members.
* Champion effective employee relations whilst demonstrating a flexible management style, adopting the appropriate style for the given situation.
* Attract, retain and build high performing teams and promote the company as a brand.
* Create, develop and ensure accountability for departmental key performance indicators, tactical plans and departmental projects to ensure company strategic goals are achieved.
* Champion Health & Safety throughout the business
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* Possess a third level qualification in Electrical /Manufacturing Engineering
* A minimum of 5 years’ electrical maintenance experience, 2 years of which at supervisory level
* Have a solid track record in a Lean manufacturing environment and possess good understanding of continuous improvement methodologies
* Experience in reliability and preventative maintenance
* Experience in Condition Monitoring of automated production machinery
* Possess a degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
* Level 2 HACCP (or equivalent)
* Level 2 Food Hygiene Qualification (or equivalent)
* Health and Safety / First Aid related qualification