Unicorn Recruitment are currently recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer for our prestigious client based in the Chesterfield area.
Working as an integral part of the team, the Design Engineer will design, test and commission electrical control systems for the ASL systems.
The role will be forward thinking, implementing new and emerging technologies, working in partnership with both internal and external parties
Your role will include:
* Design & manufacture of electrical equipment such as control panels and automated systems, that comply to relevant standards, in line with business requirements.
* Design and develop control systems in a PLC, HMI, PC and SCADA environment, utilising software across multiple platforms for automated processing equipment.
* Work closely as a key team member in transitioning new designs through documentation, prototyping, timely production and testing.
* Programming and de-bugging of Industrial Automation and Machine Vision software/hardware.
* Provide Networking / communication capability with equipment and systems within the business management environment.
* Create complete documentation for all implemented systems
* Provide post production support and training.
* Qualified to HNC / Degree level in automation/electrical design engineering.
* Producing electrical design drawings and working in a software engineering/PLC programming role
* Knowledge of on-site installation and commissioning
* Strong electrical problem solving and fault finding skills.
* Experience of reading schematics and data sheets for components alongside strong documentation and writing skills