Morrisville, North Carolina
UNC Health Care
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Accessibility is responsible for the development, strategy, execution, implementation, and evaluation of a statewide language access program and a statewide ADA accommodations program to reduce disparities in access to quality care. This role reports to the Executive Director of Health Equity, working in close partnership with the System Chief Audit & Compliance Officer, The Director, ensures system-wide collaboration, optimization, and synergy across entire continuum of care by directing, overseeing and evaluating system accessibility for individuals with disabilities and those with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) in compliance with:
1. Accommodations & Language Access Program Administration: Works across all UNC Health owned entities and affiliates to ensure patients are provided reasonable accommodations based upon their disability and/or language needs.
2. Leads system-wide Accessibility Workgroup created to review and evaluate system policies and practices related to accessibility; and to identify system priorities and projects related to accessibility.
3. Works closely with entity interpretation and translation teams, ISD, Marketing and Communications, Facilities, Patient Relations, Patient Experience
4. Supervision of staff: Supervises HCS Accessibility Program Managers; Provides support and resources for teammates to problem solve, advise, identify and implement opportunities for improvement to ensure compliance with state, local and federal regulations.
5. Reviews all investigations conducted by Accessibility Program Managers prior to final decisions before sharing with compliance and audit team.
6. Training and Education: Collaborates with Audit, Compliance and Privacy Services Regulatory Research Compliance teammates in the development of LMS modules, internet and intranet resources, job aids, tipsheets, training materials, Lunch and Learn and other special training sessions, and other resources as needed. Provides education to clinic and hospital teammates across UNC Health as appropriate.
7. Monitoring: Develops tracking, monitoring and reporting of Accommodation Program activities.
8. Strategic Planning: Interface with all UNC Health entities and effectively communicate strategies, successfully elicit support and provide assistance implementing those strategies.
Bachelor s degree required
Professional Experience Requirements:
Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in Healthcare Administration, Human Resources, ADA, EEOC, Title VI, Interpretation and Translation Services, Diversity & Inclusion Resources, or any related areas. Five (5) years of management level experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Work requires strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service and organizational skills. Must have extensive knowledge of Civil Rights laws and programming. Some statewide travel required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNCHCS Office of Health Equity
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.