We are currently recruiting for a Temporary Works Engineer to join the 'Forensic Engineering' team on our flagship London Bridge Station Redevelopment project.
The remit for the Forensic team on London Bridge is through discussion with Engineering and Assurance teams is to target reviews of the numerous specifications, requirements, lesson learnt from previous projects and experiences to ensure we have a robust and unambiguous set of information to handover at the end of the day.
To target areas where we have lessons to learn and issues to resolve i.e. (this is not exhaustive):
• Surfacing and in particular granite flooring
• Station Canopies
• Station operational system's
• Finishes - generally i.e. stairs, balustrades, facades, timber soffits
• Lift & escalators
• Urban realm i.e. public spaces outside of the station
• Fixture, fittings & furniture including doors
• Station interface
• Maintenance & Operation
• Protective treatments & fire stopping
The role will require the candidate to -
• Consolidate our requirements and ensure the Sponsor and end users endorse any changes to the existing requirements.
• Manage and coordinate a five person filter to review and agree change(s). They will ensure that the right people are reviewing and agreeing change; as this will affect Costain/Sub contractor/NR/HWSP/TOC etc.
• Review the existing strategy to provide assurances that Costain are building what the client wants at the right cost, where required coordinate stakeholders, third parties as required to agreed and strategy changes
• Define roles and responsibilities of the Forensic team, coordinate investigative works and report to the Chief Engineer or the relevant discipline lead i.e. Engineering Assurance, delivery, quality or commercial, design or commissioning teams.
• Increase efficiencies through the saving of time and cost by producing a quality product right first time every time; but reducing frequency of non-conformances and subsequent re-work rates.
• Degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
• Chartered Civil Engineer or en-route to Chartership
• Temporary works design experience
• Design experience on complex schemes/managing and coordinating supplier designers
• Technical background
• Strong problem solving ability and experience
• Experience of Network Rail
• CAD proficient (Autodesk, Bentley).
Salary and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Full benefits package including: London Weighting Allowance (£2500); Company Car/Allowance (terms apply); Travel Paid (terms apply); DC Pension Scheme (up to 10% matched by Company); Private Healthcare Scheme; 25 days holiday
Costain is one of the UK's leading engineering solutions providers, delivering integrated consulting, project delivery and operations and maintenance services to major blue-chip customers in targeted market sectors.
London Bridge Station Redevelopment (LBSR) project is a circa £990m project to upgrade the existing London Bridge Station over a 6 year period. The project includes changing the station from nine stopping and six through lines to six stopping and nine through lines. The construction work includes demolition of brick arches, extensive piling, steelwork erection, new platforms and a complete station fit-out of all services and finishes.
© Costain 2014 Salary: . Date posted: 10/02/2017