Associate Engineer - Server
The Associate Engineer will work as a member of the UK based International Infrastructure support team focused on providing 2nd/3rd level services around Virtualization, Messaging, core compute services including Active Directory, Enterprise Infrastructure Products and Server Operating Systems and features including hardware.
The Role will be responsible for working within an ITIL framework providing break/fix response as well as being an active resource on local and global work initiatives and projects ensuring that all areas are supported, designed and implemented in line with current and future business requirements.
• To provide all support lines as required by the business
• To develop and maintain an environment that is stable and controlled.
• To support and maintain the authorised technical architect standards
• To maintain and enforce standards and controls that keep the infrastructure in a steady state
• The maintenance of a technical architecture and its supporting toolset that, in turn, enables the business to take advantage of technical advances quickly.
• The provision and development of an environment that allows fast and reliable access to corporate data from wherever the customer is based
• Regular liaison with other functions within MTS and the wider VIMN business community on all matters of common interest including, where appropriate, the overseeing of education
• The provision of technical competencies that provide in-depth knowledge for the areas deemed important by the business
• To maintain a technical understanding of the security layers and standards that are appropriate for the risks faced by the business
• To deliver against the business strategic objectives that utilise/maximise the overall technology infrastructure as directed
• The delivery of project based activities complying at all times to Project Management and ITIL standards
• Adherence and maintenance of compliant standards both within the VIMN environment and on a broader basis with Viacom
• To undertake R&D activity which is appropriate to business needs
• To provide input and maintenance of technology strategy which, in turn, forms part of the overall Technology strategy
• To actively own career development ensuring that training and development plans are adhered to and completed in a timely manner
Role Specific Skills/Attributes
Minimum Qualification Requirement
• Good Education record
• Computer or Business related Degree
• Microsoft/VMware/Citrix Certification
• Formal training in analysis tools and techniques
• Interest in Broadcast and emergent technologies
• Netbackup / EMC / Messaging (Exchange/365)
• ITIL v3 Foundation
Minimum Language Requirement
• Good written and spoken English with an ability to communicate with local and global colleagues and 3rd parties at all levels.
• Excellent communication skills in all forms and in all scenarios including written.
• Excellent management with an ability to work on a number of projects and tasks concurrently setting own agendas and effectively prioritising work.
• A strong enthusiasm for technology
• Operates within a team as a Team Player
• Demonstrates thoroughness and an eye for detail
• Ability to generate and implement procedures
• Can adapt to a rapidly changing and evolving environment.
• Ability to work under pressure
• A very pro-active nature and constantly looks for improvement opportunities in whatever they do.
• Can demonstrate innovation and creativity within previous positions.
• Technology infrastructure design, development and deployment
• Excellent problem diagnosis and resolution skill
• Microsoft Server Based Operating Systems, design, configuration and problem resolution
• Ability to test systems and/or operations in compliance with published standards
• Backup technologies, DLT, LTO, Backupexec, Netbackup, tape libraries
• ESXi VMware, configuration/fault finding
• CITRIX, configuration and implementation
• High level systems planning and technical design
• Communications spanning LAN's, WAN's, Protocols, DNS, WINS, bridges and all forms of interconnectivity
• Core client technologies (ie operating systems, office applications etc).
• Understanding of SAN technologies with ability to fault find, fix and design
• Microsoft Exchange design, configuration and problem solving
• Server Hardware, Dell, HP / Compaq
• Security principles spanning local and remote access (i.e. firewalls, encryption, Domain etc)
• To experience the exciting environment in one of the world's best entertainment broadcaster. Viacom is committed to providing the very highest standards of service to it's client base utilising cutting edge technology across all our brands from MTV to Channel5 to Comedy Central.
• The opportunity to become involved with innovative technologies and working practices in a challenging and satisfying environment.
• The opportunity to work in an environment which utilizes best of breed technologies and standards in a diverse global network.
• The opportunity to work within a unique company culture.
• The opportunity to gain exposure to global Projects, Initiatives and task resolution.
Viacom Core Competencies:
• Communicates and Listens
• Builds Relationships
• Influences and Negotiates
• Takes Initiative
• Manages the Work
• Composure and Flexibility
• Acts with Integrity
Thinking and Problem Solving
• Develops creative products and solutions
• Judgment and analysis
• Thinks strategically
Management and Leadership
• Communicates effectively with employees
• Creates a positive and inclusive working environment
• Defines, directs and delegates work
• Develops people through feedback and coaching
Salary: . Date posted: 08/04/2017