We have an exciting permanent opportunity for a Site Engineer in Kettering working for a well-established, specialist Earthmoving, Ground Engineering, Soil Stabilisation, Recycling, Landfill and Civils contractor.
They take on a broad range of projects from major highways improvements, commercial developments and housing schemes through to public and private ground engineering projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop a career with a well-established and long standing company.
We are looking for dynamic, self-motivated site engineers with experience in earthworks and infrastructure projects to join our expanding team at Barton. You must be proficient in Trimble GPS and modelling, able to upload and interrogate setting out data used in our 3D dig systems. You should also have a proven track record of delivering works on site to a high standard, attention to detail and to producing a quality product is a must. You are also required to have a good understanding of the specification for highway works, in particular the earthworks and drainage series in order to competently deliver our earthworks and groundworks projects. You will be part of a growing team, working on exciting projects across the midlands and south east
* BTEC/Degree in Civil Engineering
* Computer literate
* Ability to set out using GPS and total station
* Ability to use proficiently LSS and trimble systems
* Calculate volumes and setting out requirements
Key roles & responsibilities:
* Communicate clearly to the operatives what the setting out is and how it should be used.
* Set out in advance so that time is available to carry out any secondary checks.
* Maintain the long term setting out.
* Get involved in the planning of your particular section so that you are aware when setting out control is required.
* Plan a small section of your work and monitor progress to get an understanding of outputs.
* Be aware of the information requirements.
* Keep accurate records of as built dates in diaries and on construction drawings.
* Keep accurate records of events which are affecting the project plan or disrupting the work.
* Communicate on a timely basis any such event to your Site Supervisor and Project Manager and a member of the Quantity Surveying staff.
* Carry out your responsibilities from the site management plan.
* Conduct as built surveys
* Complete the HSQE hand over file
* Compile RAMS with input from your Site Supervisor and Project Manager
* CSCS or SSSTS
Salary: Competitive salary in line with the current market trends and negotiable dependent upon experience.