Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Section Engineer to join our Gas & Water business unit to work in Exeter.
To manage and execute the safe and efficient delivery of an individual contract by working with a team of engineers. Interaction with foremen / quantity surveyors and/or subcontractors will be required. Hold a level of responsibility for safety, quality, financial performance, programme adherence and client satisfaction.
As a Section Engineer, your main accountabilities will be as follows:
* Client satisfaction on the contract.
* Safety performance of contract.
* Lead by example & ensure compliance with industry and company standards
* Ensure a project quality plan is developed and implemented.
* Inputs into the control of costs of contract.
* Keeps accurate and detailed records relating to all changes on the contract
* Ensure the operational and commercial success of an individual contract.
* Delivery of contract to agreed programme.
* Lead and direct the team, promoting a positive culture through inspirational leadership.
* Support winning the work activities.
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* 5 day CITB Site Safety Management Training – SMSTS
* Personal Track Safety, COSS/IWA
* CSCS Site Manager
* IT skills to enable Use of Project Management software, letter writing, simple spreadsheet manipulation, emailing and accessing intranet-based Management System
* Full UK driving license
* Continual Professional Development
The following qualities/experience are desirable:
* HNC / Degree in Construction related subject
* Progressing towards chartered status
* Extensive industry experience in setting out engineering
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty’s Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment