HGV Technician Trainee Tutor – Blackburn – £30,000 plus 35 days holiday which increases to 40 days / Early Friday finish, the chance to gain formal teaching qualifications, life assurance 4 x annual salary and 5% contributory pension.
The Role: HGV Technician Trainee Tutor
• Are you a time-served, experienced HGV Technician who would like to move off the tools and into the classroom of a state of the art, purpose built, automotive training academy?
• My client will support you in order to gain formal, professional teaching qualifications and take you through a Train the Trainer programme of professional development.
• Once trained, you’ll be delivering theoretical training within a classroom setting and practical training within a purpose-built, state of the art workshop to HGV level 3 Apprentices.
• You will be drawing upon your HGV knowledge to train apprentices who are all in employment and are on day release to learn the ropes and gain formal qualifications.
• A DBS check prior to commencement of role is required.
Essential Requirements: HGV Technician Trainee Tutor
• You will have obtained formal automotive engineering qualifications, ideally to level 3 gained through undertaking an apprenticeship.
• You will have several years’ experience working as an automotive technician, particularly with HGV.
• You will be a good communicator, who is able to explain things clearly and concisely in order to get your message across to people. You might already have done some training as part of your job, such as showing newcomers the ropes etc., and you’ll have enjoyed this and would like to pursue it as a career.
• You will possess Maths and English GCSE or CSE or Functional Skills level 2.
• You enjoy working with young people and have pleasure watching their skills develop.
Desirables: HGV Technician Trainee Tutor
• If you’ve already got some training experience, either gained at work or as a sports coach for example, that would be great.
The Employer: HGV Technician Trainee Tutor
• Hitting their milestone of 50 years this is a well known and prestigious company to work for, offering exceptionally high tech offices and a professional working environment. They have multiple UK locations, over 250 members of staff that deliver an award-winning service to the learners, and with growing contracts, they are constantly expanding. They hold Investors in People GOLD standard and on the last inspection received an Ofsted ‘Grade 2’, and having been included in ‘The Sunday Times – 100 Best Places to Work’ they are dedicated to the internal progression of their staff. So far they have trained over 2000 learners across their wide variety of training programmes – which has converted over 80% of learners to progress onto job opportunities or further training of which 99% of apprentices would recommend the company to a friend. Forget local colleges, this is the training environment in which you want to be.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. GPRS Recruitment whose registered address is 4-7 Gaolgate Street, Stafford ST16 2BG UK confirm that our client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. Due to the high number of applications which we regularly receive, regrettably we only respond to successful candidates. If you haven’t heard from us within 7 days then please assume that you have not been selected on this occasion, but don’t worry. We’ll retain your details with the intention of keeping you informed of other suitable opportunities that may arise.