JACOBS ENGINEERING UK LIMITED
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As part of the £300million East Sussex Highways (ESH) joint venture, Jacobs are responsible for maintaining the East Sussex Highways network, including roads, pavements, drainage, street lights, traffic lights and structures including over 2,000 miles of highways maintenance, management and services in the county. Reporting to the Service Director, the Head of Customer Service is responsible for the management and improvement of customer and stakeholder services across East Sussex Highways (ESH)
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
• Work alongside ESH Joint Venture (JV) Leadership team colleagues to make decisions that benefit the business as a whole
• Provide leadership and management across ESH to deliver our customer and stakeholder management ‘promises’, working collaboratively across the services
• Work with the East Sussex County Council Client to ensure that their objectives of customer satisfaction are met.
• Plan and manage resources across the ESH Customer Centre
• Work with ESH JV team leads to ensure that all customer enquiries are dealt with to a high quality and in a timely fashion
• Maintain positive relationships with all customers and stakeholders, whilst working collaboratively to identify Customer and Stakeholder plan enhancements
• Be accountable for the annual Customer and Stakeholder Management Plan
• Work Collaboratively with Stakeholders to identify plan enhancements
• Proactively market and communicate ESH activities with the objective of enhancing public and County Council perception of service delivery
• Report monthly on all customer performance issues and by exception ensuring this shows impact on the wider and corporate business
• Plan and manage resources across the ESH Customer Centre
• Provide innovative ways to enhance customer experience and increase satisfaction
• Manage, create and maintain a comprehensive training plan for all customer centre employees – ensuring the focus is on ‘think like a customer’
• Support the management and development of the ESH website
• Proactively manage incident communications to protect the reputation of ESH
• Maintain and monitor customer and communications policies and procedures within the ESH Quality Management system
• Act as an ambassador for ESH across the county and also when required outside East Sussex.
• Recruit, mentor and develop team members and nurture an environment where they can excel through support and empowerment
• Keep abreast of developments in customer services across all industries and develop business cases to increase customer satisfaction to be ‘best in class’
Suitable candidates will have experience in:
• Contact centre management
• Local Authority experience, working with senior officers and County Councillors
• Recruitment and selection
• Performance management and target setting
• Strategic reporting
• Identify, plan and deliver change/service improvements
• Management qualification or equivalent
• All academic qualifications will be considered but a minimum of an undergraduate qualification is preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies:
• Motivating a team
• Continuous improvement
• Communications skills
• Handling demanding customers
• Business process improvement
• Excellent standard of English and use of Plain English
• Organisation skills – able to multi-task and delegate effectively
• Contact Centre technology including telephony and knowledge database
• Customer Relationship Management systems
• IT skills including MS Office suite
• Competence in writing procedures and setting up systems which reflect and promote the best practices of customer care, quality, value for money, continuous improvement, and equality of opportunity in service delivery
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is a