REPORTING – Project Director with functional reporting to Company SHEQ Director
Duties will include:
* Contribute to the achievement of Environmental Management in accordance with company policy
* To support the development of a strong Environmental focused culture across the Ferrovial Agroman UK business
* To advise on and coordinate the development of consistent HSQE plans across the business in line with the company and group policy
* To be an expert in Environmental legislation and best practice to assist with compliance and continuous improvement
* To support the development of briefing and communication strategies to ensure that the Environmental plan and important information is understood and operated by all employees and subcontractors
* To support the development of measurement systems to ensure that safety, quality and environmental performance are accurately monitored
* To coach and mentor other Environmental staff across the business in the implementation of the Environmental plan and activities
* To liaise with clients and external bodies on Environmental matters as required
* To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts.
* prescribed and rigorous process, enabling the degree of compliance to be established and improvement opportunities identified.
* Monitor close out of Environmental Reviews and audits of projects within prescribed timescales.
* To participate in and support training and other HSQE initiatives in order to facilitate consistent standards and spread best practice.
* To identify possible operational risks or opportunities and work with central Environmental Team to ensure an appropriate and effective response.
* To carry out or contribute to accident investigations, ensuring the comprehensive gathering of supporting evidence material.
* To promote company values in all dealings with other employees, clients, subcontractors and other external contacts
* Responsible for all environmental aspects of projects from conceptual design through to construction and reinstatement. This includes for example, Environmental Impact Assessment, managing subcontractors’, gaining DTI approval and all other necessary consents, liaising with statutory bodies e.g. Environment Agency, and local authorities.
* Site supervision, inspection and auditing. Producing, maintaining & ensuring compliance of the Project Environmental Management Plan, Pollution Prevention, Water Management, Waste Control & Emergency Response Plans.
* Managing effective waste control through reducing, reusing, recycling & responsible disposal.
* Reporting, investigating and closing out environmental incidents.
* Ensuring all environmental documentation is present and correct to conform to current legislation.
* Ensuring environmental training is undertaken to project members and subcontractors.
* Providing environmental advice and support to the project. Leading a team ensuring consistency of performance and delivery across projects.
-Detailed knowledge of Health, Safety & Environment Legislation
-Excellent communication skills and ability to interact at a variety of levels
-Ability to carry out detailed, thorough and systematic analysis.
-Skilled in questioning and investigating to identify immediate, root or systematic facets of situations and root causes.
-Well developed capacity to deal sensitively with people but at the same time not avoiding issues that must be dealt with.
-Strong communication skills to confidently give constructive feedback and clearly put across the reality of what is happening on the ground.
-Strong skills in building rapport with people at many levels in the business
-Good influencing and persuasive skills and ability to builds effective working relationships with people at many levels.
-Good listening, reflection and questioning skills to act as an effective coach to managers, supervisors and staff.
-Sound technical knowledge of the construction process in general and awareness of their own limitations
-Ability to carry out Environmental Audits
-Ability to look ahead and see potential issues and opportunities
-Accident Investigation training
-Experience of working within an Environmental Management Team and liaising with public bodies such as the Environment Agency and Natural England.
-Lead Auditor Trained
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT REPRESENT A COMPREHENSIVE LIST OF ACTIVITES AND EMPLOYEES MAYBE REQUESTED TO UNDERTAKE OTHER REASONABLE DUTIES.
About Ferrovial Agroman:
Ferrovial Agroman is the engineering and construction arm of the Ferrovial Group, the largest private transport infrastructure operator in the world in terms of capital invested with a workforce of approximately 96,000 employees and a presence in over 15 countries, with over 60 years’ experience since it was founded.
Ferrovial Agroman delivers value-driven, complex multi-disciplinary design and construction solutions across varied sectors worldwide, including transport, energy and water. Our people make this happen, bringing a diverse range of experiences, prospectives and backgrounds to fuel fresh thinking as we meet the unique needs of the clients and communities we serve. We are dedicated to exceeding expectations and leaving a sustainable legacy.
We have an established presence in the UK and Ireland with the support of our global resource pool.
Ferrovial is a world-leading provider of infrastructure services delivering end to end capabilities over the entire asset lifecycle. This provides our diverse range of clients with a positive legacy through our integrated approach, ensuring consistently high standards of excellence in delivery. Value creation is at the heart of everything we do