In Electrical engineering is essential to every product developed to be integrated in maritime platforms and the support and upkeep of weapon, propulsion, generation and auxiliary systems
– Imagine a ship without electrical supplies and services?
– Imagine a ship generation system that cannot provide the necessary power in both peacetime and wartime?
– Imagine a ship filled with electrical power, data circuits and fibre optics without the right levels of engineering competence to ensure the correct system engineering?
It’s our Electrical Engineers that solve these problems and using their knowledge and expertise of working with complicated systems, provide successful outcomes for both the business, and our customers.
Electrical Engineers work at the heart of all our operations and projects, working at all stages of the product lifecycle, determining initial requirements, designing how a new capability interfaces with a ship, developing production standard solutions, and testing the finished product to its limits. They are specialists in their field, and are expected to have a detailed knowledge of the processes involved in creating and maintaining successful electrical products and services, and the ingenuity and creativity to devise methods of producing optimum performance in the systems and interfaces.
What you will be doing
– Support the design and development of solutions for the assigned electrical engineering work packages.
– Apply engineering knowledge relating to the electrical aspects of system engineering
– Support the achievement of delegated project cost and schedule objectives, whilst continually maintaining quality and other performance requirements, through the development of an appropriate design solution
– Support the technical interface on all day-to-day matters concerning the electrical aspects of projects and system solutions with the customer, alliance partners and key supply chain OEMs, including the Ministry DE&S, Naval Command, MCTA, etc
– Can work independently with limited technical direction as part of a small team, delivering quality and timely engineering outputs for their assigned work packages
– Working towards CEng registration, focused on achieving the required level of competence in line with the UKSPEC requirements.
– Can support the presentation of engineering output at formal technical reviews, verifying and validating electrical engineering designs
– Provide realistic programme status of owned work tasks, identify problem areas and implement agreed recovery plans
– Provide support evidence for assurance that system design is adequate i.e. it is robust, and provide supporting documentation for the safety case
Security / export control statement
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
Diversity and inclusion statement
We are an inclusive employer. Recruiting, retaining and inspiring the best people from the widest pool is vitally important to us. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements you may need to support your application.
If you want to be part of our future working in partnership with the Royal Navy, then a career in Maritime Services awaits you.